Farfalle con Ortaggi al Limone
Authentic Italian Recipes - Farfalle con Ortaggi al Limone
Farfalle con Ortaggi al Limone (Farfelle with raw vegetables and a lemon dressing)
Serves 4 as a main meal or 8-10 as part of a buffet or picnic
- 300g farfalle
- 200g small courgettes
- 2 carrots
- 1 small bunch of mint or basil, washed and chopped
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 stick of celery
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the farfalle in boiling, salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and cool under running cold water. Drain again and toss in a large salad bowl with 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil.
- In a small bowl prepare a dressing with the lemon juice, remaining oil, a pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Whisk well.
- Wash the courgettes and carrots and clean the celery, eliminating any tough strands. Cut the courgettes into extremely thin slices and the carrots and the celery into short, very thin strips.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the pasta in the salad bowl. Add the lemon zest, crushed garlic and the chopped mint or basil (reserving a small amount for decoration). Pour on the lemon and oil dressing and toss well.
- Sprinkle the pasta salad with the remaining mint or basil and serve.
You might also like...
- Province of Enna
- Moving to Italy
- Giacomo Casanova
- Italian National Anthem
- Food of Calabria
- Commedia Del' Arte
- Province of Ragusa
- The Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park
Pizza at Home