Pizza at Home
Authentic Italian Recipes - Tina's Tagliatelle
This is a very simple, store cupboard recipe which, served with a fresh mixed salad, makes a perfect evening meal and only takes about 10 minutes to cook and prepare.
Serves 2 as a main course
- 75g frozen peas
- 1 small onion weighing around 50g
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 130g tagliatelle
- 100g lean, thin sliced ham
- 100m dry white wine
- 200ml single cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- Cook the frozen peas, strain and leave to one side.
- Put on a pan of water to boil for the tagliatelle.
- cook gently over a low heat for about 8 minutes until it is soft and just beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, add the tagliatelle to the boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the packet, usually no more than 5 minutes.
- Cut the ham into small pieces and add to the onion along with a good sprinkling of black pepper and the peas.
- Turn the heat up slightly, cook for a few minutes, stirring continuously and then add the white wine.
- When the wine has reduced slightly turn the heat back down and add the cream, stir thoroughly and heat through without boiling.
- Drain the tagliatelle, tip into the pan with the other ingredients and mix until it is all coated with the cream mixture.
- Serve into individual warmed dishes, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and eat immediately.
You might also like...
- Food of Puglia
- Italian National Anthem
- Il Volo
- The Sartiglia
- Gran Paradiso National Park
- Province of Varese
- The First Republic
- Region of Basilicata
- Risotto alla Milanese
Pizza at Home