Authentic Italian Recipes - Zabaglione
Zabaglione goes well with fruits such as raspberries, strawberries and blueberries so you can either put some of these on top or make layers in the glasses.
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 120ml Marsala wine
- Using a balloon whisk beat the egg yolks and sugar in a heat resistant bowl until they are pale in colour and fluffy.
- Stir in the Marsala wine a little at a time.
- Place the bowl and its contents over a pan of boiled, simmering water and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is thick, creamy and smooth.
- It should resemble slightly frothy, almost melted ice cream when it is ready. If you overcook it then it will clot like scrambled eggs but if you undercook it then it will separate as it cools.
- Serve chilled in glasses.
- Decorate as you like and serve with light, plain biscuits such as 'langues de chat'.
You might also like...
- City of Venice
- Province of Agrigento
- Province of Torino
- Region of Puglia
- Province of Verbano
- Province of Nuoro
- Province of Vercelli
Pizza at Home