CNA Practice Test: Start Your Career as a Certified Nursing Assistant in 2018 with PrepAway
Healthcare industry is one of the industries that require professionalism. A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) designation is one of the professions in healthcare that has become very popular in most health care centers. It is a challenging area in the medical field that requires commitment in delivering care to patients that is of highly quality. A CNA helps a registered nurse (RN) take care of patients by feeding them, bathing them, repositioning, and assisting with medical procedures.A Certified Nursing Assistant
deals with patients directly and thus ensure that each patient receives individualized quality care. This is the ultimate goal of having these professionals in the healthcare world.
Overview of Certified Nursing Assistant certification
A Certified Nursing Assistant takes instructions from RN to ensure patient’s needs are met. To become a CNA you have to take the CNA exam. The exam is divided into two sections, that is, a written exam and a clinical skills test. Its cost may vary depending on the State or country from which you are taking it, but on average one has to pay around $100.
The written exam is made up of 60 multiple-choice questions that test on nursing concepts. You are given 90 minutes to complete the questions. The clinical skills test is a practical test requiring you to perform some nursing tasks that will be evaluated. Approximately five duties must be done in a period of 30 minutes in order to pass this section. The passing score of this exam is usually not less than 70%.
How do you become CNA certified?
What are the topics covered on the CNA exam?
The CNA exam tests on 18 areas. These include:
- One of the things you need to become CNA certified is to complete a CNA training program. This takes up to a maximum of 12 weeks. The training program must be approved by the nursing-board of your State.
- Next, you need to present fingerprints, completion certificate of the program, license application and processing fees.
- The final step and most important is to pass both the written and clinical skills exams.
The role of the CNA in medicine
- Data collection
- Client rights
- Anatomy and physiology
- Body mechanics
- Range of motion
- Medical terminology
- Mental health
- Aging process
- Infection control
- Daily living activities
- Role and responsibility of CNA
- Personal care
- Vital signs and testing
- Ethical and legal issues
- Cultural and spiritual needs
Reasons to become CNA certified
- A CNA serves meals and feeds patients.
- Certified Nursing Assistants help in turning and positioning of patients.
- It is also a duty of a CNA to transfer patients whenever necessary.
- CNA also bathes patients, walks patients to the toilets, provides skin care and maintains patient’s personal hygiene.
- Candidates also help nurses in performing some of their duties by following the given instructions. For example, they can help in administering enemas, heat treatments and applying non-sterile dressing.
What are the advantages of being CNA certified?
- It is a faster way of becoming a professional in health care industry. This is because the CNA program that takes 4-12 weeks, equips you with the right knowledge and skills to help you in handling patients correctly.
- CNA training is cheap.
- CNA certification can be a beginning of a career journey in healthcare.
- A CNA job brings satisfaction of making a difference in patients’ lives.
Tips for passing CNA exam
- There is an increase in demand for CNAs; therefore, you are assured of a job after certification.
- Certified nursing assistants earn high salaries and attractive benefits. On average, the salary of a CNA individual is about $26,000 annually, which may be higher depending on the State or the country you are in.
- A CNA has several choices on where to work. You can work in clinics, hospices or hospitals.
- Certified nursing assistant job is interesting because each day is different in terms of patients and tasks. You, therefore, learn new things daily. This builds your skills and career as a result.
- By becoming CNA certified, you kick start your career in healthcare industry. Your next step may be becoming a registered nurse or licensed vocational nurse.
Best Prep Material for the CNA practice test
There are several resources you can find in the internet for CNA revision. Some of them are:
- Take practice tests
Practice tests help you know how prepared you are for the exam. Through them you identify your weak areas in order to get a chance to work on them more. You also get to know what to expect in the actual exam.
- Join a discussion group
Talking about what you have studied helps you understand the topics better. You rarely forget a concept you have had a conversation or discussion about.
- Know what to expect
In order to pass the CNA exam, you have to do a research on what the exam contains, its objectives and the type of questions tested. This helps you know what to prepare for.
- Create a study plan
A study plan helps you focus on the exam objectives. This makes it possible to cover all the exam topics in your test preparation. However, discipline is highly required to enable you stick to the set schedule.
- Practice clinical skills
While implementing your skills into practice, you gain experience and become more confident and qualified afterwards.
- The Official CNA Study Guide: A Complete Guide to the CNA Exam with Pretest, and Practice Tests for the NNAAP Standard
- Guide To The CNA Practice Test From Pearson VUE
- CNA Practice test questions
- CNA Practice Test & Study Guide
- Free CNA Practice Test
Are CNA practice test exam dumps helpful? Where can you get them?
- The CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) program at Cochise College offered at the Sierra Vista, Arizona Downtown Center campus State Fair Community College in Missouri
- Allen Community College (ACC)
- Washburn Institute of Technology in Kansas
Exam dumps are past exam questions and answers posted online by people who have done the exam successfully before. These exam dumps are helpful during exam preparation because they help you know what to expect in the actual exam. You also get to learn the exam questions structure through them. However, do not expect the same questions in your exam because every exam comes with different questions. Just work through the revision questions and get to note the areas that you still have to work on. It is best to do this while timing yourself because managing your time well would come in handy as you do your actual test.
In conclusion, if you are looking to join the healthcare profession, a CNA certification is definitely a good place to start from. Without a doubt, it has changed the nursing profession by making it easier and interesting. It is not only fast to acquire, but it is also cheap and quite affordable to many. With its high demand, you are sure of employment, job security and a good income.