Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Authentic Italian Recipes - Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Spaghetti alla Carbonara Serves 4
- 350g spaghetti
- 200g pancetta, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 60g pecorino cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Gently heat the oil and knob of butter in a pan, add the pancetta and cook until brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the pancetta.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour in the eggs, add half the pecorino cheese and season with pepper. Mix well so that the egg coats the pasta.
- Add the remaining cheese, mix again and serve immediately in warm bowls.
You might also like...
- Pelagie Islands
- Province of Benevento
- Living in Italy
- Region of Aosta
- City of Catanzaro
- Geography of Italy
- Tuscan Archipelago National Park
- Region of Piedmont
- Amerigo Vespucci
Pizza at Home