Conchiglie con Merluzzo alla Napoletana
Authentic Italian Recipes - Conchiglie con Merluzzo alla Napoletana
Conchiglie con Merluzzo alla Napoletana Serves 4
- 350g pasta shells
- 200g cod fillets
- 2 courgettes
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 2 shallots
- 50g pitted black olives
- 400g firm, ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First, put on a pan of salted water to cook the pasta shells.
- Prepare all the ingredients while the water is boiling:
Wash the cod and cut it into small pieces.
Wash the courgettes and cut into chunks.
Peel and finely chop the shallots.
Wash and dry the parsley and finely chop.
Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water, remove the skins, core and seeds and then chop coarsely.
- Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a pan and gently cook the shallots until they have softened. Add the chunks of courgettes and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, salt and pepper and continue cooking over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- In a frying pan heat the remaining olive oil and gently brown the pieces of cod, constantly turning them with a wooden spoon. Drain the cod and add to the sauce along with the black olives. Continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta shells in the boiling salted water, according to the instructions on the packet. Drain, place in a large serving dish and gently cover with the cod sauce.
- Sprinkle with the parsley to serve.
You might also like...
- Region of Molise
- Region of Basilicata
- Carlo Scarpa
- Province of Avellino
- Province of Ravenna
- Province of Pavia
- Marcello Mastroianni
- Province of Lucca
- Carlo Levi
Pizza at Home