Authentic Italian Recipes - Panzanella
Panzanella Serves 6
- 400g stale bread
- 4 firm, ripe tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tin cannellini beans (optional)
- Red wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Cut the bread into chunks and put them to soak in a bowl of cold, fresh water for about 15 minutes.
- Take the bread chunks out, a few at a time, and squeeze the water out with your hands. Then rub the bread between your hands letting it fall into a large bowl, making sure that it is dry.
- Cut the tomatoes, onions and cucumber into slices and place on top of the bread.
- Chop the basil leaves and add to the bowl with a good splash of olive oil and a little salt.
- Rinse the cannellini beans, make sure they are dry and add if using.
- Gently stir and then place in the fridge or a cool place until ready to serve.
- Just before serving season with red wine vinegar and a little more oil.
You might also like...
- Province of Ogliastra
- Website design and promotion
- Province of Reggio-Emilia
- Sailing in Italy
- Italian Tax System
- Giorgio Napolitano
Pizza at Home