Pizza at Home
Authentic Italian Recipes - Tiramisu
Tiramisu Serves 6
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 150g caster sugar
- 400g mascarpone cheese
- 200g savoia biscuits, also known as sponge fingers or lady fingers
- 175ml freshly brewed, stong Italian coffee (espresso) which has been cooled
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- 200g dark chocolate, grated
- cocoa powder for dusting
- In one bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks. In another bowl whisk the egg yolks and the sugar for at least one minute until they are pale and fluffy.
- Gently fold in the mascarpone, then the egg whites.
- Add the Marsala wine to the cooled coffee.
- Place half of the sponge fingers on the base of a deep, rectangular serving dish.
- Brush them evenly all over with half of the coffee and Marsala wine.
- Cover with half of the mascarpone cream and sprinkle with the grated chocolate.
- Place the remaining sponge fingers on top of the mascarpone layer, brush with the remaining coffee and marsala wine and top with the remaining mascarpone cream.
- Dust with cocoa.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
You might also like...
- Wine of Tuscany
- Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani
- Region of Lazio
- Province of Mantova
- Penne all'Arrabbiata
- Umberto Eco
- Province of Pisa
- Flavia Pennetta
- Italian Food
Pizza at Home