Spaghetti alle Vongole
Authentic Italian Recipes - Spaghetti alle Vongole
Spaghetti alle Vongole Serves 4
- 350g spaghetti
- 1.25kg clams, already cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of peperoncino
- Put the clams in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 clove of garlic peeled and crushed and a little of the chopped parsley. Cover and place over a high heat, shaking the pan occasionally until the clams have opened.
- Remove most of the clams from their shells, keeping aside a few whole clams and discard any shells which have remained closed. Strain the cooking liquid.
- Crush the remaining garlic clove and cook slowly in a pan with the remaining oil. Add the peperoncino, shelled clams and the strained cooking liquid and cook for a few minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Be careful not to overcook as it needs to be al dente. Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan with the clams, stir and warm through for a few minutes.
- Divide between four warmed dishes and decorate with the clams left in their shells and the remaining chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately
You might also like...
- Italian Coffee
- City of Rimini
- Spaghetti alle Vongole
- Province of Venezia
- Bucatini all'Amatriciana
- Gran Paradiso National Park
- Province of Modena
- Stadio Olimpico
- Food of Emilia-Romagna
Pizza at Home